Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July already?!

Woah is this summer going by fast or what? Can't believe the long 4th of July weekend is almost here ...June came and went to quick! Keith, Dolly, and I plan to head up to Matson's Campground (http://www.matsonscampground.com/) on friday (I have off) and stay through the weekend. We had never heard of this campground before but Cousin Dan recommended it to us. Our campsite it right on the river which will be nice. We plan to go tubing on saturday. We are hoping to get Dolly on a tube as well :) We'd love to have visitors if anyone is up for it!!!

I've been staying up past 1:00am the past 2 nights watching those Tigers on the west coast. I just can't go to bed knowing that they are still playing! Before the Tiger's game started last night Keith and I watch Revolutionary Road. Very good!

Went to the Farmer's Market this morning. I bought strawberries, blueberries,raspberries (my most best!), asparagus, tomatoes, Musli bread from DeBoer Bros. Bakery (so very good), and a 9 grain pizza crust from Bova Bakery (http://www.bovabakery.com/). Here is the pizza I made with the crust tonight.
Lisa and I were hoping for a beach day today but since the weather has been cool and drizzly we went to Grandville instead. Did a little shopping, had lunch at the Olive Garden (all you can eat salad, soup, and breadsticks for $6.99!), and watched the movie The Proposal which was very cute and funny.


I also wanted to tell you about some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted. Star Bucks came out with their own ice cream line earlier this spring. I had a coupon for $2 off so decided to try the Caramel Macchiato (which is one of my favorite drinks from Starbucks). It is dangerously good!




4 comments:

Jenny said...

The ice cream looks really good! The pizza looks really good too, but I can't tell what's all on it. Did I tell you we have a ton of blackraspberry plants in our backyard, I might be able to make a pie! :)

The Hambergulars said...

Fun to hear what's been happening lately, Bren! Glad you enjoyed "The Proposal" - Lynne and I thought it was cute, too. Hope the weather cooperates and that you have a fun weekend at the campground! I'll have to try that ice cream - it sounds fabulous!

VandenBerg Family said...

Wow Ron, that pizza looks really tasty! I do wish Colon had a nice farmers market. So nice to be able to get fresh produce. And I better stay away from the icecream!

Carol Sue said...

The campsite looks really cool.....have a great time.
92 degrees here today