Sunday, July 27, 2008

It was a hot Pudge Sunday!




Ok so I stole the title of my blog from the jumbo tron at Commerica Park today. I just thought it was so clever. And YES Pudge and the Tigers did play a good game today and managed to beat those nasty White Sox. Even though they should have won 2 of the 3 games this weekend...I was also happy to hear the Jim Leyland announced before today's game that Todd Jones is no longer the closing pitcher. Thank goodness. Me, Keith, Dave, and Dan headed for Detroit around 8 this morning (after a stop at McDonalds for breakfast). It was a hot one! We had standing room only tickets and actually had a really good spot just to the first base side behind home plate. The only bad things is that we were in the direct sun for the first half of the game. We asked the beer guy if we could take a few handfuls of his ice so we could rub it on ourselves (notice the picture....also check out Keith's hiked up shorts. He felt cooler that way) I got a frozen lemonade which really hit the spot.

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and trying to enjoy the awesome weather as much as possible. Saturday morning I used the gift certificate to Panoupolus Salon that Keith got for me. First I got a facial and then a full body massage. I had never had either.I LOVED the facial (it was called a vitamin C facial). I didn't realize that they massage your arms, hands, neck, and feet when you get a facial. Very relaxing. I wasn't as crazy about the full body massage. Part of it was my fault because I should have told the girl she was pressing too hard. Sometimes I thought it kind of hurt! I think I would give it another try sometime. Maybe at a different salon. We went to Laketown beach after I got back from the salon. Those stairs get easier every time :) The water dropped down to 59 degrees but I still went in. It really wasn't too bad. In the afternoon we went to a BBQ at one Keith's client's house. She was a very nice older woman who had lots of fancy landscaping (and painting) done to her home. She decided to invite family, friends, neighbors, and everyone who helped with her house over for a summer party. It was lots of fun and tons of good food. Sometimes I get nervous about going to social events where I don't know anyone but everyone was very nice. Well, that's about it for now. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I do like the title...pretty clever. I was thinking about you guys today as we were sweating laying out at the pool, I can just imagine how hot you were! I'm glad they won for you, didn't need you sick to your stomach again!

The Hambergulars said...

Brenda, you kill me! I never dreamed I would find another woman Tiger fan that would come close to me in their enthusiasm for and loyalty to the Team, but I stand humbled before you, and officially crown you the best Tigers fan who ever lived! (It must have been 120 degrees in the stands today...) SO glad they won while you were there!

Carol Sue said...

I guess I can do comments again....this computer drives me nuts.
Loved your title, even if you did not think of it yourself...I love the picture of cooling off with the ice....

VandenBerg Family said...

I too am glad they won for you!!...and that Todd Jones is not the closing pitcher :)! Darrin will be happy with that as well.

Rachel Nykerk said...

I thought that title was cute too !It was a very good game.