Tuesday, July 29, 2008

baby robins

Look at these nice baby robins that are living on top of our gutters. We've been watching mama robin sitting on the eggs for the past couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure they just hatched yesterday. I peeked on them on my lunch hour today. I used one of Keith's ladders so I could see inside. They were acting very hungry so I decided to feed them a couple of night crawlers that we had in the fridge left over from fishing. After I gave them the worms I was worried that they might choke. Maybe I should have chopped up the worm more? Keith says that the mom is supposed to regurgitate the worm and then put it in their mouths. They were still doing OK when I checked on them tonight though :)

3 comments:

VandenBerg Family said...

AMAZING!!! Awesome pictures! I can't believe you fed them. I would have been afraid the mom would have flown full speed ahead at me! LAUGH

Rachel Nykerk said...

Neat picture Brenda. I think they will be ok. That Keith sure has alot of animal trivia in his brain.

Carol Sue said...

GREAT pictures....Brenda you are so caring....I remember when you tried to save the bunny