Sunday, June 8, 2008

Storms

I enjoy a good thunderstorm now and then. This weekend I really got my fix for a while! I'm thankful that we didn't really have any outdoor events planned. I can't remember the last time we had a storm like this and one that last so long. I can remember that big one we had in 1998 with all of the wind damage. I was working 3rd shift at the Warm Friend at the time. Last night was pretty fun and Keith and I got sucked into watching all of the weather coverage on TV. Those meteorologists get so excited about this stuff. We stayed up until things calmed down which was around midnight. We had candles lit just in case we lost power. We sat on the front step to watch the storm come in but then had to move inside once it started to blow. Dolly is not phased as ALL by the storms which is good. After talking to our neighbors this morning, we realized how lucky we were to not have any flooding in our basement. They have about a foot of water in their basement! Sunny this morning and then more storms this afternoon which makes it even easier to be lazy :)

4 comments:

Em said...

Brenda, where is that pic taken? We had water in our basement, one of the windows leaked. yippee.

Brenda Lee said...

I believe the picture is at the I196 and US31 interchange in Holland. I didn't take it. I got it from the WOODTV website.

VandenBerg Family said...

Oh my goodness...I didn't realize there was that much water on the roads. I too enjoy a good storm...as long as I'm not driving in it.

Nikki said...

I remember that night in 98 when you were working at the Friend and that storm hit. That was also the night that my parents decided to take a sailing trip and I drove up and down Lake Mac and even called the Coast Guard :)

I hope the weather is starting to get better for you. We've had snow out here lately........... and yes, it's June!