Thursday, November 27, 2008

Much Food Many Thanks

Another Thanksgiving gone by and a good one it was. Church this morning then over to dad's where we (Keith and Jason actually) deep fried the turkey. Happy to say it was a great success! Keith injected it with a marinade first which made it really yummy! We all gathered at Aunt Rachels house around 1:00 for the feast. Spent some time going through the ads figuring out the game plan for the big shopping trip tomorrow (that will be another post tomorrow). Many of us went bowling in the afternoon. I got a 110 which is my highest score ever. Back to Aunt Rachel's at 6:30 for more food...not that we were hungry but it tasted good so we ate anyway :) OK it is almost 10:00 and I am going to try and go to bed. I know I will have trouble falling asleep because I am so excited to shop!!!!



AUNT JEAN AND RACHEL AND KATIE, want to plan on meeting up for breakfast/lunch tomorrow mid morning? I think I have all of your cell phone numbers. I will call you when we are finishing up our shopping. 9-10ish?



Even Kelsey got in on some sweet potato action



Dropping the turkey in!It did look a little dark when it came out but tasted so good! Dolly and Bandit hoping for a handout Grandpa and his girls. Notice the cute matching pink overalls from Karen :)
Our assortment of pies :)
By the way, I was watching Fox morning news this week and saw a really easy recipe for peanut butter pie (bottom right). This is all it is....Mix 1 block of cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and 2/3 cup peanut butter. Stir in 1 container of whip cream. Scoop it into a ready made graham cracker or Oreo crust and refrigerate. They also said you could add cut up Reese peanut butter cups on top to make it a little more fan. Grandpa really enjoyed it :)

2 comments:

Carol Sue said...

The pies sure looked good and I am glad the turkey turned out. LOVE the pink overalls, and for both girls even.....WAY TO GO KAREN. Grandpa looks happy as a clam with both of his girls. GREAT pictures and post Brenda.

VandenBerg Family said...

yeah for pink overalls!!