Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tulip Time continues

We ate the Walleye for supper last night. Charles fried it up for us. It was really good! I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Picture perfect weather today. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow which is not good news since the Volksparade is scheduled for 2:00. We'll keep our fingers crossed. A big group of us (with lots of little ones!) plan to go and it would be a lot more fun if we weren't wet! I took Dolly for a long walk after work today. Weird to see huge tour buses going down South Shore Drive. We walked down to the "Fire dock" where I let Dolly get in the water to play and get a drink. At first I was afraid the water from Lake Mac would be bad for her to drink, but she hasn't gotten sick yet! Kieth went out fishing again with Charles tonight. I met Jen and the girls, Lisa, Megan and her son Braden, and my dad downtown for junk food (this was my third trip so far) and pictures. Our plan was to also watch the Dutch Dancers, but we got "stuck" in line and missed out. Hopefully we can catch them tomorrow. Tonight I chose a Hawaiian Chicken wrap from that tent on the corner of 10th and Central. It was pretty good, but not as good as the BLT wrap Keith got on Sunday. Macey did quite well posing for pictures. Cotton Candy (blue) was her reward for smiling pretty.

4 comments:

nykerk06@comcast.net said...

such cute pictures!!!! Did you also post new ones on webshots?

nykerk06@comcast.net said...

Now my comments are "posting again"....I just do not get it,must be me! I hope Keith has good luck fishing tonight. All the junk food sounds good, will the kids have thier wooden shoes on tomorrow?

nykerk06@comcast.net said...

I am making up for posts I could never comment on. I LOVED Keith's 9 pound fish....Robert was so jealous, also Jen's blog with the cookie making? what a BIG girl and helper. I hope that you hvae good weather for tomorrow TT festivities

nykerk06@comcast.net said...

i got the biggest kick out of MayMay wanting Uncle Jim to go to the parade with her.....I hope she remembers me