Tuesday, May 27, 2008

long weekend

I wish every week had a 3 day weekend! Saturday started early for me. Dolly usually wakes me up around 6:00 for her breakfast. She always comes to my side of the bed because she knows Keith will not get up for her. For some reason she decided she was hungry at 4:45 am on Saturday. I can usually fall back to sleep but I started thinking about the things I needed to do to get ready for the garage sale (round 2!) so I just stayed up. I took the Sentinel to McDonalds and enjoyed a nice relaxing breakfast and coffee by myself. Keith thinks it's funny that I go and eat out by myself. If I have something to read I really enjoy going out for breakfast or coffee on my own. I probably wouldn't go to a "sit down" restaurant on my own, but a fast food or coffee shop is fine. We had quite a bit left oer from the garage sale last weekend so I decided to haul it out and see what happened. I was surprised to see how busy it was. I took in another $300 or so. Totally worth it to sit out in the sun for a few hours! My Aunt Carol came into town from Oregon. She will be staying for 2 weeks. It's always a treat to have her around! Keith was out fishing all day with Charles. They caught lots of blue gill and crappie. At night we went over to my AUnt Rachel's to watch the Piston's game and sit in the hot tub. On sunday Keith and I went for breakfast at The Windmill Restaurant on 8th St. I always get the hasbrown omlette. It is so good. We ran a few errands and then relaxed like we usually do on sunday afternoon. At night Keith and Charles fried up the fish they caught the day before. They tasted SO good! Charles decided to deep fry some asparagus for the heck of it. Man, it tasted good! We had Aunt Carol over for supper and she enjoyed the fish too :) On Memorial day Keith and I went to Wooden Show nursery to get flowers for my mom's grave. We brought them to the cemetary on the way to my dad's house. I did not feel like crying went I went there this time. Sometimes I do. I know she would be happy that I picked out a colorful arrangement for her. We had fun later in the afternoon getting together with the whole Nykerk clan. The weather turned out to be much nicer and warmer than we thought! Today seemed like a long and hectic day back at work. We saw 23 patients today! Usually we see around 18. We had Panera salads, sandwhiches and cookies for lunch and that was also out supper. I mowed the grass and took Dolly for a walk. I get my hair cut and colored tomorrow at Salon Cheveux. I still have to look for some ideas online. I'm ready for something different! Here are some pictures for the past few days.

look at this baby deer Keith and Charles found. They think it was only a couple hours old!

The baby deer ran off into the woods after they left so I think it will be OK.

Dave was the grill master on memorial day

This is what Keith gets for not wearing sun screen!

1 comment:

VandenBerg Family said...

I've been looking for a new post all day and am happy at how long this one was!! It was really fun to read! Sounds like you had a really nice weekend. I would also enjoy having breakfast and reading the paper by myself. It sounds like such a nice way to start the day. I really love this blogging thing!!