Sunday, April 13, 2008

shaved



Keith decided to shave Dolly today. It took him about 2 hours. Dolly is such a good sport about it and we rewarded her with a big rawhide bone and put some peanut butter on it. She's not quite as soft now and it will take me a while to get used to her "shaved" look, but there is 95% less dog hair in our house so it is work it! I made same banana bread and took Dolly for a walk. We had a simple lunch today, baked potatoes w/ toppings and soup. As we were into lunch we saw a turkey run accross our front yard. Weird! No idea where it came from. Keith and Dolly are both sleeping on the couch now. I've got the Tiger game on TV (so far, not good) and will get back to reading "My Sister's Keeper" when I finished writing this blog. A nice relaxing day!

2 comments:

VandenBerg Family said...

Ron, It looks like Dolly thoroughly enjoys the attention she gets while being shaved. The pictures make me laugh. You'll have to tell me what you think of My Sister's Keeper when you're done with it. I wish I could have finished it...like I said, maybe when both my kids are older :)!

nykerk06@comcast.net said...

Good job on Dolly Keith. It is worth it not to have all the shedding and she looks beautiful.
My sister's Keeper was a great book. Also the "Life of Bees" if you have not read that, and anything by Alexander McCall Smith....he has about 7 out in a series, start with the first one and read them in order. Brenda, Aunt Rachel has all my copies.