Saturday, March 28, 2009

A great new find, a clean house, and more martinis....

Keith is out of town this weekend in Indiana for the GVSU rugby championship game. Before he left he gave Dolly a good short shave. It took him about 2 hours and I'll admit she looks a little goofy (he left her a lion's take again) but it will be soooo nice to not have any shedding for a couple of months. I decided it would be a good time to start in on spring cleaning with Keith out of the house and no more dog hair coming off Dolly. I rented a Rug Doctor to clean the carpets, rugs, and couches. On the way I decided to stop at Cato (by Wal-Mart) because a girl from work said they have really cute stuff for cheap. She was right! They did have cute clothes but I was especially impressed with the shoes, jewelry, and purses they have. They get new shipments in every monday so their stuff is always changing. Really good prices I thought. If you're out that way it's worth a stop!


I could have bought a lot more but decided to go with these earrings ($3.99)

and this necklace ($7.99) Just can't stay away from those martinis at 84 East! As of this weekend they did go up to $3.50 per martini or 4 (of the same flavor) served in a shaker with 4 glasses for $12. If you go to their website (84eastpasta.com) and click on "sign up here for special offers" they will instantly send a coupon to your email for buy 1 dinner, get one free. You can even use it on weekends. Some of the girls I work with (and also dutch dance with!)

2 comments:

Carol Sue said...

very cute jewelry. I have been there before to Cato, sometimes even got candles. They are cheap. Always fun to see what they have and they almost always have stuff marked down.

The Hambergulars said...

Bren - Love it when you share a new "find" with us - I've never heard of Cato before, but will definitely check it out! Kudos to you on all the cleaning - you are one ambitious young lady! I also love 84 East, so thanks for the heads up on the meal deal!