Wednesday, October 8, 2008

coupons...love em

I have been really into coupons lately. One of my friends introduced me to couponmom.com If you do not know about it check it out! It takes a minute to figure out the site and you do need to create an account but it only takes a minute. You can put in the area that you live and the store you shop at and it will tell you what percentage you can save on items based on sales that week and coupons. Sometimes you can get things for 90% off! You are able to print out different coupons besides the ones that are in the Sunday ad. It is almost like a game seeing how much you can save. I love doing the U-scan and watching the total go down after everything has been scanned and I start using the coupons. I'm so excited about coupons that I even bought a coupon organizer from the dollar store. It's hard to pay full price for anything now...(maybe everyone else already knows all of these tricks and I am just finally catching on....)


4 comments:

Carol Sue said...

I have always tried to use coupons, but have never heard of this site. I, like you love to see the first "total" and then the final total after all the coupons have been scanned.
Great fun today going to see Jen and the girls one last time before I go home

Rachel Nykerk said...

I used to use coupons more than I do now. It used to be a necessity with trying to feed 4 boys. I would clip coupons and go to 3 different grocery stores. I should get back to it again. It sounds better to get coupons off the computer, hopefully they have more to choose from. Thanks for the info Brenda !

VandenBerg Family said...

Did you happen to watch Oprah yesterday...all about being frugal and clipping coupons and things. They sent one lady to the grocery store her bill was well over 100.00 and she got it for 37.00 or something. Amazing. I don't think any stores around here double coupons like they do other places. Fun fun. Let me know about things you get for cheap. DId you get the meijer site I sent you a few weeks ago?

The Hambergulars said...

Brenda, You Rock! Thanks for sharing the coupon site - Uncle Scott will thank you, too. I haven't been much of a coupon user in the past, but with the current economy, I'm excited to try this and see how much I can save!