Sunday, September 21, 2008

Clam Lake

This past weekend was spent up at Northaire Resort on Clam Lake. This is the 23rd year we have been going up there! Not much has changed around the place which is why we keep going back. This year I was the only girl (well, besides Dolly). I missed ya Jen! We had a really good time. Nice weather, lots of fish, and very relaxing. The guys did a lot fishing. There was even a fishing competition. I joined them most of the time but sometimes I would just bring a book in the boat to read. I am sorry to say that our boat pooped out on us again and Dave had to tow us to get the boat out of the water. Luckily we didn't have near as far to go this time!
Dolly got a special treat, french toast :)


My dad got some really cool pictures of a loon (see the fish in his mouth?)



Keith and I on the dock


Dolly on the dock with her ever present tennis ball



Dave with his "winning" fish (prize money in mouth)


Dolly loves boat rides


A trip up north wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Dockside! (we made 2)

3 comments:

Em said...

Looks like an excellent weekend!

Rachel Nykerk said...

Brenda, looks like you had a great weekend, you do need those relaxing ones with your type of job. Leave it to the poor college student to win the prize, good for Dave. Hopefully the problem with the boat is just minor.

Carol Sue said...

Darn that boat.....Jean and I had a great day n Ann Arbor today. The weekend you had sounds great. Talk to you on Tuesday